The elephant in the room when it comes to Disney Vacation Club is and continues to be what will happen on January 31st, 2042, when the following six resorts are scheduled to expire:
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort (non-extended)
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort
- Disney’s Vero Beach Resort
Will extensions be offered? Will current owners be offered deals to purchase new contracts? Every question has been asked, discussed, and analyzed, and yet deep down, I truthfully think DVC has not yet even started to answer that question internally.
But a recent discussion on the DVC Fan Facebook Group made me think of two questions that I thought would be fun to ask. Just as we are always wondering what DVC might do, perhaps they are wondering the exact same of us as members? Cast your votes below!
1) If Disney Vacation Club offered you a 15-year contract extension similar to those previously offered at Old Key West, would you purchase it?
2) If Disney Vacation Club elects to let 2042 resorts expire as scheduled, would you re-purchase a new DVC contract upon expiration?
Let me know your thoughts and comments below, and we will post the results and member feedback in a few weeks!