Guess what? It’s Christmas in the Krieger house! Yes, you read that right. We’ve fully embraced the Christmas spirit, and our decorations are up. Now, before you start rolling your eyes and accusing me of skipping over Thanksgiving, let me remind you that the Grand Floridian Gingerbread House at Disney was already under construction as early as Halloween. So, if Disney can jump the gun, so can we!
Now, a funny thing happened while setting up our decorations this year. I realized that I may have been a bit too zealous in purging our decorations during our move to Florida. Our living room seems a tad less jolly than usual and each year my need for all things Christmas grows three sizes. It looks like a trip to Kirkland’s is in order. Anyone got any good coupons?
Let’s talk about some of my favorite things about the holiday season:
Holiday Food: If it’s Christmas-themed and you put it in front of me, I’m going to eat it. No questions asked. Gingerbread cookies, candy canes, turkey, you name it. My diet starts January 2nd.
Decorations: Amy and I have made it a tradition to drive around, grading people’s light displays. It’s like the Olympics but with more twinkling lights and less athletic ability. We’ve noticed a decline in outdoor lights recently. What gives, folks? C’mon, don’t be a Scrooge!
Time with Friends and Family: This is the best part of the season. Both our parents are visiting this month, and we’re headed back home up north with the dogs for the holidays. The thing I’ve missed the most since moving is cooking a big Christmas dinner for our family. Chef Paul will be making the roast beast again this year. We’ve even rented a cabin for the occasion!
Now, let me share some of the fun events we have lined up around the holiday season this year that relate to Disney and Disney Vacation Club:
- Our Walt Disney World DVC Resort Marathon to benefit Give Kids The World Village on November 10th. We’ll be live-streaming throughout the day on the DVC Fan Facebook Group!
- Attending the Give Kids The World Village Holiday Soiree.
- We’re headed to the special Disney Vacation Club Hoop Dee Holidays event on December 12th at 6:15pm.
- Experiencing Jollywood Nights at Hollywood Studios, complete with festive holiday attire.
- Checking out the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays and attending the Candlelight Processional.
- Escaping on a quick 4 night Royal Caribbean Cruise for a weekend!
- Scheduling the Universal Orlando Holiday Tour for an exclusive VIP Meet & Greet with the Grinch, Santa, and MORE!
- Running a Santa themed 5K.
- Attending the always riveting DVC Condo Association Meeting.
- And of course, checking out all the Disney World and Disney Vacation Club holiday decorations, merchandise, and more, and sharing it all with you!
So, that’s our holiday season in a nutshell. What about yours? Share with us in the comments what you’re most excited about this holiday season! Remember, Christmas starts on November 1st (at least in the Krieger house), so let the festivities begin!