Two weeks ago, on The DVC Show, the panel discussed if they would rather stay at Disney’s Boardwalk Villas OR Disney’s Riviera Resort and also at which resort they would prefer purchasing a contract. We then took the question to you, our DVC Fan Community!
Be sure to head over to the DIS Unplugged YouTube Channel and hear our thoughts if you missed it!
Those that did catch the show may remember our thoughts being a little one-sided. While the poll results were slightly different, they still showed overall that many of you prefer BoardWalk over Riviera.
Similar to the show, we asked two different questions in our survey:
We also asked those responding to share their thoughts with us and explain why they chose Disney’s BoardWalk Villas or Disney’s Riviera Resort as their favorite. Here are some of the responses that were shared:
- “I’m a fan of the Epcot area resorts and love the vibe walking around in the evening and super convenience to two parks. Almost didn’t vote because of the creepy clown pool photo 🤡 . Riviera looks like a big condo complex to me. I have stayed at Boardwalk and own at Beach Club. I have not stayed at Riviera, only walked around the lobby and pool area.”
- “Boardwalk expires in 2042, so i’d rather own at Riviera. We’d pass the paid off contract to our kids so they can have years of amazing vacations. We currently own at Polynesian and it’s been one of the best decisions we’ve ever made. Going back for a 7 night stay in December.”
- “Riviera has longer contract that makes it more appealing since my husband and I are younger. We love the Skyliner! Also, we love the rooms at Riviera more than BWV. They are more spacious, extra shower in the studios, and the murphy bed is more practical than pull out couches. The point charts are higher in some of the room categories, but you get what you pay for!”
- “The location of The Boardwalk is unbeatable. I personally enjoy the theme there as well with the 40’s era music playing. The tons of restaurants within walking distance and the nighttime entertainment there is great as well.”
- “Riviera feels like a fancy apartment complex and even with a preferred view, I was staring at a wall of other guest’s balconies. Boardwalk feels like a themed resort that transports me somewhere else. I like the rooms better at Boardwalk, the walkability to two parks, and the views are better at Boardwalk as well. I think accessibility to dining is much better at Boardwalk and the pools are better. Plus, I can walk to Beach Club and Swan & Dolphin. After staying in both in the same week, Boardwalk was also quieter which is a big plus in my book.”
- “Riviera is on the short list of DVC resorts we have not stayed at so I would love to get in a stay sometime soon. I would love to own at Boardwalk so we could book at 11 months for the fall or holiday season when we struggle to get a room there.”
We hope you enjoyed this fun little debate. Stay tuned to DVC Fan for more polls and “Would You Rather’s” in the coming weeks!