Located just steps away from Epcot’s International Gateway and a quick Friendship boat ride or Skyliner ride from Hollywood Studios is Disney’s Beach Club Villas. With its soft pastel hues, the very popular resort is themed after New England beach hotels. It is home to arguably the best resort pool on property, the 3-acre Stormalong Bay. The Beach Club is one of the smaller DVC properties, which can make availability tight. Disney’s Beach Club Villas opened in 2002, and DVC contracts there end on January 31, 2042.
The villas were last fully renovated in 2016 and recently also received a soft goods refurbishment (minor refresh) that added new carpet, upholstery, and Murphy Beds.
What DVC Fans Have to Say about the Beach Club
Living in the Northeast we love the resort theming! The Little Mermaid is our favorite Disney movie so the statue of Ariel outside the villas holds a special place in our heart. Love the short walk to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios and the shaded pathway back from Epcot is nice when it’s blazing hot outside. Stormalong Bay is the best place to beat the heat, especially in one of the cabanas! –Nicole B.
Location! So many good options: it’s the closest if you want to beat the crowds to Epcot (especially for Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure), head to Stormalong Bay for the ultimate pool day activities, cool down at Beaches & Cream with the most delicious treats, try to replace all those lost calories at Cape May at the all you can eat dinner seafood buffet, or walk across to Jellyrolls to sing your heart out at the dueling piano bar! If you like a beach themed atmosphere, this is your place from arrival to departure! –Tina S.
It’s actually a pro to me that there are no view categories. Makes it easier to not have to do split stays! Great point chart too. It’s a pro that there are no grand villas hogging up points. There are multiple quiet pools in addition to SAB [Stormalong Bay]. You can get lucky and have a fireworks view, but again, it’s just luck and not a separate category you have to pay more points for. –Summer H.
Sometimes is the little things that mean the most…like that lunch for the kids at Hurricane Hanna’s comes in a pail with a shovel that they can use to dig allll day with in the sand bar pool of Stormalong Bay. –Chrissy G.
Lobby scent! –Shelly G.
DVC building IMO was sort of an afterthought. It sits back between the hotel and the parking lot. Some rooms don’t have a great view. Rooms could use a soft refurbishment. –Ramona T.
Tired, outdated rooms. DVC building is out of the way, off the beaten path, far from amenities, and terrible views. Quick service food options aren’t great. Not much DVC availability, so hard to book rooms. –Karen M.
DVC one bedroom should sleep 5 instead of 4. –Hollie M.
The villas feel like an afterthought forced into the back of a gorgeous hotel. They don’t really have the charm or views of the hotel. –Dane R.
Small rooms. There are no real views except the quiet pool (if you are lucky), very difficult to book unless you own there, 2042 expiration. –Elizabeth U.
There are no separate view or location categories to choose from at the Beach Club Villas. The villa balconies overlook either the leisure pool area, woods, or resort courtyard. Photos of balcony views can be found on the DISboards.
Villa types at the Beach Club Villas include Deluxe Studios, One-Bedroom Villas, and Two-Bedroom Villas. The Beach Club does not have any Three-Bedroom Grand Villas. One-Bedroom Villas and larger have full size kitchens stocked with pots, pans, and kitchenware and washers/dryers. Detergent is provided. Deluxe Studios have kitchenettes with a microwave, toaster, coffeemaker, mini-fridge, and sink. They also have paper plates, bowls, towels, and cups as well as plastic cutlery and dishwashing liquid.
At 356 square feet, Deluxe Studios accommodate up to 5 guests with a queen-size bed, queen-size pull-down Murphy bed, and a single pull-down bed under the television. They have one bathroom. There are only 36 Deluxe Studios at the Beach Club, and they book very quickly. Home resort advantage is a huge plus for this category.
These 726-square-foot villas can accommodate up to 4 guests though you can add a fifth if you provide your own bedding and linens for that guest since none are provided. One-Bedroom Villas have a king-size bed and a queen-size pull-down Murphy bed, and there is one bathroom. There are 20 One-Bedroom Villas at the Beach Club Villas, and they tend to have better availability than Deluxe Studios but still do not have much availability at the 7-month mark or under.
The Beach Club has Dedicated Two-Bedroom Villas as well as Two-Bedroom Lock-Off Villas. Lock-Off Villas consist of a One-Bedroom Villa and an adjoining Deluxe Studio.
The 1,083-square-foot Dedicated Two-Bedroom Villas can accommodate up to 8 guests with a king-size bed, two queen-size beds, and a queen-size pull-down Murphy bed, and there are two bathrooms. There are about 78 Dedicated Two-Bedroom Villas. They tend to book up before the 7-month mark.
The 1,075-square-foot Two-Bedroom Lock-Off Villas can accommodate up to 9 guests with a king-size bed, two queen-size pull-down Murphy bed, a queen-size bed, and a single pull-down bed, and there are two bathrooms. There are about 74 Two-Bedroom Lock-Off Villas. Since these villas partly consist of Deluxe Studios, the availability patterns for Two-Bedroom Lock-Off Villas follow those of Deluxe Studios.
Magic Kingdom: Bus
Epcot: Walkway or Friendship boats
Hollywood Studios: Walkway, Friendship boats, or Skyliner
Animal Kingdom: Bus
Disney Springs: Bus
- Beach Club Marketplace (Mickey waffles, hot breakfast platters, sandwiches, mac and cheese, roasted chicken, salads, desserts, and resort mug refills)
- Hurricane Hanna’s Waterside Bar and Grill (Burgers, chicken fingers, sandwiches, salads, cocktails, beer, and wine)
Casual Table Service
- Beaches & Cream Soda Shop (Burgers, sundaes, shakes, and more are offered at this classic soda fountain. It also offers ice cream and beverages to go from the walk-up window.)
- Cape May Cafe (In the morning, you can find a traditional breakfast buffet, complete with a carving station, omelette station, and Mickey and Minnie waffles. Minnie, Donald, Daisy, and Goofy will be back for Minnie’s Beach Bash Breakfast as of October 4. For dinner, you can find a seafood buffet featuring a seafood boil, carving station, and sustainable catch of the day. Snow crab legs are now an additional fee.)
Bars and Lounges
- Martha’s Vineyard Lounge (This New England beach house-style lounge offers cocktails, mocktails, beer, wine, and appetizers such as wings, cheese plates, clam chowder, mussels, and loaded potato barrels.)
- Stormalong Bay (This feature pool that has it all: one of the highest waterslides at Walt Disney World, a lazy river, 2 kiddie pools, a miniature waterslide, 3 whirlpool spas, and an elevated tanning deck.)
- 2 Leisure Pools (The Dune Cove Pool is closest to the Beach Club Villas. The other is the Tidal Pool, which is by the far end of the hotel side of the Beach Club, facing Crescent Lake.)
- Beach Club Marketplace
- Barbeque Area
- Bike Rentals
- Cabana Rentals
- Campfire Activities
- Jogging Paths
- Lafferty Place Arcade
- Movies Under the Stars
- Ship Shape Massage, Salon & Fitness Centre
- Watercraft Rentals
As of 2023, the Annual Dues at Disney’s Beach Club Villas are $8.1655 per point.