UPDATE 6/25/21: Disney Vacation Club has issued an email to all members that details how this downtime will affect member booking and more:
Dear Disney Vacation Club Member,
The team at Disney Vacation Club will be implementing new technology systems which will cause most Member systems (both online and phone) to be unavailable beginning at 10 p.m. EDT on Saturday, July 17, 2021. This transition is expected to be complete on Tuesday, July 20, 2021.
This impact will include, but is not limited to:
- Inability to book Disney Vacation Club Resort Accommodations and Exchanges (including Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, Concierge Collection, RCI, etc.) online or via Member Services
- Inability to bank Vacation Points online or via Member Services
- Inability to make a Dues, Loan, or Escrow payment
- The temporary closure of Member Accounting, Member Administration and Member Services
- Inability to start or finalize an Add-On Membership Purchase
- Inability to access areas of the Disney Vacation Club website that require a login including the Member Dashboard
This planned downtime, should not impact:
- Members’ ability to check-in / check-out should their travel dates overlap with an already planned trip
- Members’ access to the Disney Vacation Club Member Lounge at Epcot (which will operate as normal, but have limited vacation support services)
- Members’ ability to purchase tickets, make theme park or dining reservations online
- Members’ ability to show their blue Member Card to receive benefits (if you are using a digital card, be sure to download a new version prior to July 17, 2021 at 10pm EDT)
We ask that you please adjust your vacation planning steps based on this information. Thanks for your patience as we upgrade our systems to better serve our Members.
From all of us at Disney Vacation Club, we can’t wait to see you real soon!
Disney Vacation Club
Booking is about to get a little tricky for Disney Vacation Club members as Member Services is about to experience some downtime for both the member website and phone lines. According to information on the member site:
Member Site and Services Will Be Temporarily Unavailable
The Disney Vacation Club Member website will be undergoing maintenance and temporarily unavailable from 10:00 PM Eastern Time on July 17 until maintenance is completed on July 20. In addition, Disney Vacation Club offices will be closed on July 18 and 19.Disney Vacation Club
It’s hard to tell what the exact reason could be for this news. Could it be new website features? New 2022 point charts? A system that doesn’t haunt you with an image of the Seven Dwarves “working on it”?
One thing is for sure, I feel for anyone whose booking window opens during those days, especially the days where both the phone lines and site are down. On the upside, member service wait times have been improving. I waited a total of two minutes on a Saturday afternoon so there is hope on the horizon for DVC members. Maybe this downtime in service will be well worth it. We can only wait to find out.