Poll: Best DVC Resort for Foodies

If you’re anything like me, one of the best parts of a Disney Vacation Club getaway is enjoying all of the fantastic food options Disney has to offer. This week we are asking you to vote which DVC Resort is the best destination for the “foodie” at heart.

After voting, please tell us in the comments why you chose the resort (or resorts) that you did. Also, be sure to check back soon for the results!

26 thoughts on “Poll: Best DVC Resort for Foodies

• October 24, 2019 at 9:21 am

I love the Grand Floridian because of the many food options. Casual and fine dining. The best being V & A.
    Plus I got engaged at Narcoossee’s so that is special to me. But a very close second is the AK lodge. Great food options there too.

• October 24, 2019 at 11:20 am

AKL is my home resort. One of my favorite places to eat is Bomas. I love the variety of foods, the atmosphere, and the staff.
    I also said Bay lake Towers, I like eating at the Wave. Once again the food and service has been great. Also after dinner going to the lounge at Bay Lake Tower to watch the fireworks is a bonus.

• October 24, 2019 at 11:39 am

I voted for the Beach Club because of its proximity to the World Showcase, which is a haven for foodies during festivals. Even the permanent offerings are so delicious and varied that it would take forever to eat absolutely everything there.

I also voted for Saratoga Springs because you can walk right over to Disney Springs, the location of some of the best restaurants on property.

• October 24, 2019 at 11:46 am

Beach Club probably won’t be a popular pick. It doesn’t have great food of it’s own. It is in great proximity to the food options at Boardwalk, Swan & Dolphin, Yachtsman, and Epcot’s World Showcase and Festivals.

• October 24, 2019 at 11:55 am

I like AKL, Poly, and BLT for great nearby food options, but I voted for SSR now that Disney Springs has such great venues. The walkway makes it easy to stroll over for some good eats.

• October 24, 2019 at 12:18 pm

SSR has all those great restaurants at Disney Springs right next door!

• October 24, 2019 at 12:37 pm

I voted for my “home” DVC Resort, Animal Kingdom Villas. There is a lot to chose from:
    Boma-a wonderful buffet with interesting flavors used with known foods.
    Jiko-for a signature restaurant
    Sanaa-great views, fabulous bread service. Also, morning breakfast quick service
    The Mara-Quick Service with a great selection
    There is so much in the way of choice.

• October 24, 2019 at 12:45 pm

This was hard – so many good choices. But I had to choose Animal Kingdom Lodge – Boma, Jiko, Mara, Saana … Dang it… drooling just thinking about all the good stuff!

• October 24, 2019 at 12:48 pm

Beach Club because you are within walking distance to everything in Epcot, Swan and Dolphin, and Boardwalk without having to look at the clown pool located at Boardwalk.

• October 24, 2019 at 1:32 pm

My pick would have to be Grand Floridian great options both fancy and informal and the and quality of the food and variety of selections at the quick serve seems be superior to some of the other resorts. Something for everyone here. We especially love our option to grab a late midnight pizza or snack to bring back to the room after a long night at the park.

• October 24, 2019 at 2:18 pm

I voted SSR as you can walk to Disney springs and enjoy a plethora of restaurants for all tastes and budgets. Some of my favourite eating places can also be found there such as Boathouse, Homecomin etc. You can also enjoy small bites at wine bar george, The hangar etc and the atmosphere is fantastic

• October 24, 2019 at 3:05 pm

I voted BCV you have the chooses of 4 resorts that have restaurant, the boardwalk, Hollywood studios and Epcot with all there festivals and all are in walking distance.

• October 24, 2019 at 3:20 pm

Grand cal gets my first vote there are so many choices there between the hotel itself downtown Disney area and you can still walk into the parks for a meal. No transportation needed. My second choice would be SSR with Disney springs to many options.

• October 24, 2019 at 8:19 pm

AKL gets my vote. I like to be exotic on vacation. Living in NY, I can get good food everywhere.

• October 25, 2019 at 9:26 am

AKL if voting solely for onsite dining at DVC resorts. Beach Club, Boardwalk easily gets my vote if walking distance is factored in.

• October 25, 2019 at 12:06 pm

My pick is AKL. The food at Boma, Sanaa and The Mara are some of the BEST on property!

• October 25, 2019 at 1:33 pm

Boardwalk due to the variety in walking distance – including Epcot – but if you’re talking contained in the resort, then AKL is hard to vote against!

• October 25, 2019 at 8:31 pm

Though I have never stayed here, I have to vote for Bay Lake Tower- can walk to contemporary for Cali Grill, monorail to Poly and Grand Floridian (Victoria and Alberts) and boat to Wilderness lodge!! So many great and convenient choices!

• October 26, 2019 at 8:24 am

OKW due to it’s proximity to Disney Springs.

• October 26, 2019 at 12:01 pm

Saratoga right next to disney springs!

• October 26, 2019 at 4:30 pm

This is no contest for our family: Animal Kingdom Lodge has our favorite sit-down (Sanaa), our favorite buffet (Boma} and our favorite signature restaurant (Jiko)

• October 27, 2019 at 10:08 am

SSR unquestionably. Especially when staying in the Congress Park section.
      The selection of adjacent high-quality options next door at Disney Springs is unmatched.
      I love the Epcot restaurants, but they can’t compare In quality or variety to the Disney Springs options.

• October 27, 2019 at 10:02 am

Some of my favorite meals ever have been at AKL. My Celiac husband loves it too, and he’s always had great Gluten Free meals there. Boma just can’t be beat as far as buffets go 🙂

• October 27, 2019 at 1:57 pm

As a purely foodie written response while I totally love AKL with Boma, Jiko. Sanaa, Mara, and Victoria falls as the bar option, I have to go with the Poly due to the total variety aspect. Headlining with Ohana and view of fireworks and all you care to enjoy variety of that meal, then you have a show option in Spirit of Aloha, then you bring in Kona cafe which has amazing breakfasts/lunches/dinners incl coffee bar in am and sushi in pm, Capt cooks variety from meatballs to tonga toast to amazing sandwiches, to Tambu lounge at night for amazing drinks and ability to get snacks off of Ohana menu, to trader sam’s grog grotto for another small plate and amazing drink experience unique unlike any other and lastly pineapple lanai to get your dole whips outside park makes the Poly the best all around stop for the serious foodie!! Case closed !!

• October 28, 2019 at 3:52 pm

Boardwalk with having Flying Fish and the other restaurants. Great food!!

• October 28, 2019 at 11:37 pm

Gotta be Animal Kingdom Lodge and Grand Floridian in terms of best dinning at the resort and it really isn’t close at all in my opinion.

Boardwalk gets my vote as well due to Flying Fish being outstanding(my current fav signature) and its close proximity to Swan&Dolphin, Yacht&Beach, and EPCOT Dinning.

Comments are closed.